tpiignite

tpiignite

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Emotional Resilience in Educators

Another excellent article and summary from Beth Mann.

I attended the New Teacher Center Symposium in February along with two P-12 educators. Along with presenting on our New Teacher Workshops with my colleagues, I attended fabulous sessions on supporting our graduates and novice teachers. The session that had the most impact on me was Elena Aguilar’s cultivating emotional resilience in new teachers. As Elena states in the article that I am sharing below, “Emotional resilience is essentially our ability to weather the storms in our lives.” Certainly we all realize that new teachers are weathering many storms in their new positions. I will be sharing Elena’s ideas with the Support Working Group to discuss how we might work with new teachers to strengthen their capacity in this area. Enjoy Elena’s article at:

http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/coaching_teachers/2015/03/cultivating_emotional_resilien_1.html?print=1


No comments:

Post a Comment